View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 10:42 AM
grann of 6

Everyone is doing great. I kinda slipped off the wagon again, that darn Bluprint and their big sales. I got some fabrics that ended up being $3.50 a yard, can't pass that up. And it goes with stuff in my stash, so it will get used soon. Right now I am working on some scrappy blocks that were left from a previous project. I counted the 4 patches and there were 311, yes, 311. Don't know how I over-made so many, but they are now getting used. I found a layer cake in my stash of the same collection, Eliza's Indigo, and some yardage of the neutrals I had used, so I made up a bunch of Indian Hatchets, better known as snowballed 4 1/2" squares to alternate with the 4 patches. I have 10 rows sewn together, have 8 or 10 more to do, depending on how many blocks I have at the end. I started in the center and am working out, sort of chevron looking. I may have to buy some yardage for the backing, since this is all blue/brown/natural, and I don't think I have enough of the large print I used for the previous quilt. If there is enough it will have to be pieced because I found several pieces of it in the stash. Anyway I will be glad to be done with this one, laying out and sewing the blocks is very tedious. The next quilt will be a pattern called Jamaican Stars, using strips from 2 batik JRs, and some neutral almost white batik for the background, and a very dark brown batik for the little squares. The backing is already purchased from the $5 bin so the quilt is planned around the backing. The JRs have been in the stash way too long. Anyway, the stash is slowly getting busted, as long as I stay home and don't go shopping.