View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 11:59 AM
mindless

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
Honestly, I wish I hadn't started a stash. My problem is, I have so many hobbies and a stash for each.... quilting fabric.... garment fabric... scrapbooking....knitting/crocheting....stamping and papercrafting. It's distracting and even though I love all my "stuff", it can be annoying. Just this past weekend I embarked upon attempt #967 (being facetious but that might be true) to rearrange my sewing room. Now everything is out all over the place and it's just a mess.

I just turned 61 and I have no one to pass anything down to (one niece but she's not the crafting type). So now it stresses me out to think about my brother having to deal with it all. I'm hoping that when I can eventually retire (probably around 70) I can sew faster but who knows what's going to happen?

Sorry I didn't mean to depress everyone including myself but that's how I feel. Hopefully everyone else on this thread is a bit more upbeat....!

Edited to Add: Irishgal just reminded me about the BOOKS. Holy cow I have soooo many books on every kind of craft. Those stress me out too!
This is me too. Almost. I am glad I started building a stash. And you can add patterns and lots more 'hobbies' to the list. (Painting, fabric dyeing, etc).
But I started buying fabric years ago when $6.50 / yard was expensive. I bought a lot of it on sale for around $4-$5/yard, and I 'shop' through it now. I'm happy I don't have to buy at todays prices.

Having said that though, there are So Many must have, super cute or pretty fabrics out there now...who can resist a good sale?

Oh....and I don't much care who has to deal with it all when I'm gone. I have many quilty friends who know what to do.

Last edited by mindless; 06-17-2019 at 12:02 PM.