Thread: Wickedly Easy
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM
hereca622

Hi Mike,
Aren't rotary cutters wonderful. If you still have all of your fingers, then you did it right.
I'm in TX and things tend to be a little cheaper here, but the length x width x .015 is what we pay for an all over pattern. Meaning no custom quilting. If they provide the backing and batting and thread, that is extra. Shop around, you will find different prices and different skill levels.
It took me a long time to cut strips without curves. When you make that first fold, selvage to selvage, don't force a match on the right and left. Just make sure that the fold is straight and not wrinkled. Your first cut will be to straighten the end that you start on. Your first cut may have a large piece of one side and a sliver of the other. Cut your first good strip and look to see if it is straight. Check every few strips, because you may have to make a tiny adjustment and a straighten cut again. I probably saw this on Fons & Porter a few years ago. It has really helped me.
:oops: And I wasn't going to say anything, but my evil twin Helga is looking over my shoulder and she thinks that you may have two blocks going in the same direction on the lower left hand side. She is such a witch.

Happy Quilting,
Helen