View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 10:23 PM
Darcyshannon

I have a pretty good sized stash. I am avoiding quilt stores because it is too hard to see cute fabric and not buy. I am making my DH a wall hanging for one of our rooms but it is out of solids, so not too expensive.

I have scraps, love the posssiblities and colors. I have yardage, mainly of blenders. I have a goal of finishing three larger quilts this year and some smaller ones including wall hangings. I will only buy fabric if I need it for a backing etc. I already have the fabric for the quilts I am making.

The only regret I have is some of the individual purchases. Some of my “must haves” have turned into “what was I thinking” but it is still nice soft quality cotton so I will cut it up and with other fabrics in a scrappy quilt it will add color and texture.

I enjoy being inspired by my stash and shopping it. I like knowing I don’t have to shop to start a new project or in many cases to find the right fabric. I even have some fabric I have saved for backings.

I hope to make more charity quilts. I want people to feel the care and support in the quilt wherever life takes them.

I too want to teach children to quilt and I have plenty of fabric to share.