Old 06-18-2019, 02:11 AM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
but you're not giving her more big "stuff" to feel obligated to keep unless you absolutely know she'd love it and keep it after you put a lot of time and love into something more elaborate.
Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
If you and your sister have a warm relationship - maybe a long letter telling her how much you care for her and some memories that are meaningful?

If you and your sister are not close - maybe a check or cash telling her that it's a gift certificate to her favorite store or to apply it to something she has been wanting.

If she has way more money than you, than just find an appropriate card, show up at the party (if you want to) - if you don't plan to go, please send regrets - and let it go at that.
Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
It would surprise me greatly if she gave away your gifts to her. It may touch her heart in a way it has never been touched before.
As the party is this Sunday and reality is setting in, I've decided not to make her anything. Two years ago she got married for the first time and she asked me to make her a ring bearer pillow which I did, satin and pearls, and after she gave it to her young GS to play with. She asked me to show up and help her get into her gown which I did, and there was a photographer (friend) there, but I never saw those pictures. So we aren't close, never really have been. Maybe these things shouldn't bother me but they do and it isn't that I hold them against her it's just that I no longer want to spend my time making things for people who really don't get the sentiment behind it. Sure, she's my sister and I love her, but there is even a limit to that. So I'm going to give her a pretty card and cash. I also have twin sisters 18 months older than her and they are all close, but I'm 11 years older than them so when I graduated HS they were in first grade. So it's a life thing really.