View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 02:46 AM
Janice McC

Good morning, Boomers. Good news, I've got the ok to post the sign-ups for Boom 23. I'm shooting for 7/1. Part of me wants to post today to get it going, but a couple of more weeks will give me a better footing. Plus, I'm working on Joan's quilt now so I want to have time to devote to it exclusively. I've also got a couple of finished tops that will go to the LA but they need backs. I completed a 9P top a month or more back and it's already languishing in the UFO pile. No more dilly-dallying around. Time to get back into my sewing room!

Thanks, NZQ. Will be thinking of you in the coming days. Babies come when they're ready but surely yours is going to make his or her appearance pretty soon. Am excited for you!
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Janice, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit more like yourself. A good cry can sometimes really be helpful. I know I can't bottle up emotions well.

Looking forward to watching the next Boom! Wow, some of you are ready already!

I was really hoping to give Hubby a baby for Father's Day, but Baby is quite content baking a bit longer. I'm due next week. Both my other babies came naturally on their due dates, so I shouldn't be surprised. Some days I feel like I can keep going, and other days I'm begging Baby to be born, lol!
Klaws, thanks. You'd be welcome in both groups, obviously.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Janice, good to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Looking forward to the next boom. I might join in both this time. In the meantime, I will be working on a quilt for an auction at my church in October.

GramE, love your labyrinth. I've always wanted to do one.

Terri, it looks like you had a good time at the retreat. Glad that you felt well enough to attend. I'm sure it felt good to get out.

Kass, looking forward to seeing your Zuni fabric. I guess we will have to wait until Boom 24.
PamelaOry, thank you. Grief definitely comes in waves, small ones and big ones. I may not know which is coming next but I accept there will be another and another after that. And it's ok, as it should be. Sounds like you'll be in for Boom 23. Yay!
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Janice, I’m so glad your feeling a bit better. Grief for me, came in waves. Even to this day, some 20 odd years later, I get hit with it from time to time. You’ll never be “over it” but you do learn to live with it. It’s bitter sweet because it’s the memories that bring on the sadness sometimes, and the memories are precious. Kass, sorry we are going to miss out on Zuni this time....it gives us something to look forward to though! Terri, So glad you are feeling better, you look really happy. Nz, I bet you are ready! Those last few weeks can be so hard, hang in there! (As if you have a choice. GramE, great labyrinth!