View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 02:46 AM
SillySusan

Bearisgray, you did it again! You always bring up something intriguing to ponder.

Yes, I have a huge, huge stash. I was a volunteer at a thrifts shop and became the Craft Lady! Since I am a Depression Baby, and have a bit of a hoarding gene, it was impossible for me not to buy every pretty, and not so pretty, fabric that came in.

After I 'retired' from that retirement volunteer position, and had time to survey my house, I realized that I really went overboard big time!

Do I regret my indiscretion? In a way, but life is too short to grieve. I am just trying to correct the situation... by not buying any more fabric at all! And, sewing like mad! And, thank the Lord, I am seeing progress! I am making baby and kid quilts for donations. I have no idea how many I've made. I'm too busy to count them.

For the record, I have only one working sewing machine and only about a dozen quilting books. --- But I have 100s of novels left over from a post-retirement 'job' of selling books on eBay!

Since I'm in my 80s, I have to really work at finding homes for all this stuff. Time is running out!!