View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 01:44 PM
grann of 6

My WM had a big watermelon bin full of bolts of fabric for $3 a yard, but it was pretty poor quality fabric for the most part. There were some juvenile prints that might have made good crib sheets, but since I am not in that phase of life anymore I passed on it. It might be down to a $ now but I will pass on it.

I have my brown/blue/natural quilt almost done, have 14 rows done. I decided to count what I have left since the 4 patches seem to outnumber the hatchets. I am about 80 short of hatchets if I want this to fit my queen size bed. So I found another layer cake of the miniature gatherings I'm using for the block, so I cut more 4 1/2" squares and rummaged around to find some more dark brown fabric to make the corner squares. I want to be able to mix the new blocks in with the other ones so it doesn't look too mishmash. I need to get it pretty much together by Thursday because my quilting friend is coming to stay for 3 days and needs to use the big table to lay out a couple of her quilts. Friday she wants to go shopping out in Amish country, so I am going to have to gird my loins to resist more fabric.