View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 02:11 PM
littlebitoheaven

Default How I Fixed My Big Mistake!

First of all, I really love this fabric and the patterns you may obtain from this quilt pattern. Having said that, I have to admit that everything that I could do wrong with this quilt, I did. My first problem came when I realized I had the wrong bias binding tool. This pattern Is from MSQC and it uses their binding tool. My binding tool was 1/8" shorter than it needed to be. After cutting several pieces, I realized my mistake and decided I had to cut more pieces a bit longer. So I did. When I came to the addition of the 1/2 square triangles, the cut size didn't fit. So to correct that, I cut larger 1/2 square triangles. I thought I had corrected my mistakes until I sewed my first 4 blocks (16") together and realized that the new 1/2 square triangles didn't match up with the squares! Sigh!!! I just ordered more fabric and plugged along. Well, I have the quilt sewn together and the first photo shows my mistake (one of them) and the second photo shows my fix for it. I made 1/2 inch bias tape and sewed it over the mistakes! Sigh!!! I only have one section done so far but it seems to look okay. I have 3 more sections to add bias tape too. Only time will tell what other issues I may run into before this quilt is finished. The backing I have for it is berber, which I love. We shall see how that goes. To be shown at a later date!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613967[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613968[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails before.jpg   after.jpg