Old 06-19-2019, 02:37 AM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by Gilla View Post
I found a Singer 401A that belonged to someone's grandmother (maybe) in an antique full size cabinet somewhat reasonable. MY DH has hairies because I already have a Viking D1, Singer Quantum XL(needs repair) a Viking 6570 in good condition and a Serger. But I would sell my 6570, XL and possibly my Serger to pay for this machine. I can taste that 401 as it was my very first sewing machine years ago.

What do you think? I am a quilter and only use my D1 for quilting not embroidery as I should.
Think it through. If you already have two you don't really use, why buy another? And if it does sew but you need a part, would you be able to get it with a machine that old? Ask yourself if you want to have it for the memory or for the use - would you really enjoy sewing on it regularly? And, if you don't use the other two really, sell those off first then you'll have the actual cash and be able to decide on what you would enjoy spending it on. More fabric perhaps?

I give myself 2 days for a purchase of over $100 and decide on the third. If I'm as excited on the third day as I was on the first, I may go for it. If not, I sigh a lot and move on.

Last edited by Butterfli19; 06-19-2019 at 02:42 AM. Reason: keeping it simple.