View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 03:56 PM
amyjo

I remodeled my garage into my sewing studio. Plugs are higher than desk top so I don’t have to worry about not reaching them. I also had to have a ramp installed to get out into the space which took up a good 6’ of my space so instead of 17’ by 21’ I am down to 9 or 10’ by 21’. I can change out the ramp if I want to by winter bc I have a small elevator that I intend to put in. Then the ramp goes away except for the two landings I had put in. I have 6 bookcases plus one extra large cabinet on wheels for my fabric and I’m not kidding when I say I have more yet to put on shelves. I did have the 4800 led lights put in with plugs in the ceiling. My electrician installed them and also installed two small ceiling fans and a garage electric heater for winter. Plenty of insulation two nice size windows in front plus outside door. I also had a door put in on the east side if I wanted to open it up for fresh air. My daughter got hold of a 14000 btu portable ac unit a lady was getting rid of and I’m a happy camper. I have two sewing cabinets but I have yet to get my janome horizon out there. Waiting on removing my sisters’ ScrapBox that I got for a steal. Someone wanted to get rid of it. I have one of the original ScrapBox and I just love it. All my tools in one place plus lots of storage for thread n fat qtrs I’ll have to take some new pictures to post. I also have a large cutting table w/ sides that drop. My one sewing cabinet is huge so opening that one wide will have to wait till the ramp is gone.