View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 04:45 AM
juliasb

22 years ago we had the addition and remodel of our home to accommodate my sewing room. It included access to the bathroom too. That is the one thing that could draw me away in the middle of a project and I would have to make a running dash. This access made the best sense. Having a computer station also was a must for digitizing software to be at hand so I could test designs or stop to take a break like this to learn more and more from each other. We built a single wall of cabinets and a built in cutting station. I keep a single book case in here that has quilting patterns and books. The cabinets house my fabrics from floor to ceiling and the lower cabinets have 3" built in drawers to handle various notions. I keep a small chest of drawers in here too that hold other medium items. At one time I had my quilt frame set up in here then after several years of only having a path I decided that needed to be moved down to the guest room. The lighting was also a big investment. I have 2 skylights and large windows on 2 sides from east to west so I always have the best lighting for sewing anytime of the day. I max the use of this room every day. The only thing there was no space for was a design wall. I also keep 4 of my 12 sewing machines in here. The others are now in the guest room. I do all most of my sewing in this room, only when I am using my mid arm machine am I sewing in the other room. This sewing studio addition was the best gift I was ever given and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for this special space I can call my own.