View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 05:46 AM
Iceblossom

Default Black & White Quilts

I really enjoyed the Wavelength picture by Cattitude. Good going!

Here are pictures of my two B&W tops both made last year. Please feel free to join in and post your on finished/on-going B&W projects.

First I call "Not Everything is Black & White". It is based on a project called Four Patch Fusion from the book New Cuts for New Quilts by Karla Alexander. There are ruler sets now, but Karla wrote the book I use for quick crazy quilt blocks, Stack the Deck.

I collected the B&W fabric for some time and decided I wanted to use only very pure tones, limited grey and no other colors. I just loved the border fabric and finally figured out a way to use it, the solids came from my stash and come from the colors in the border. My alternating white/black sashing corner stones didn't really come out as I had hoped, if I did it over I'd make them all solid black like I did in the outer row next to the border.

I always like using striped bias cut fabric for bindings, and just love the happy vitality it gives. Not sure if I am going to use this piece for the back or not but it's big enough and they are put together for now.
Attached Thumbnails not-all-b-w.jpg   not-b-w-corner.jpg