Old 06-25-2019, 12:14 PM
LynnBBQ

My mother-in-law passed away unexpectedly during routine surgery last summer, so there was no list or final instructions for her husband and kids. She was not a quilter but did some home sewing and a lot (!) of crochet. She lived halfway across the country so when we flew out for the funeral my father-in-law had me go through her sewing and craft stash. None of her family was interested in anything at all. He insisted that I take her sewing machine, a small Janome she had just purchased a year before. I could not take much since everything had to be shipped back home, so I took a few of her crochet items and the afghan she was halfway finished with. I thought I could figure out the pattern and finish it for her granddaughter. The rest of the yarn and crochet and misc craft items were donated to a women's prison program near them. I shipped my dirty clothes back home via USPS and took the Janome as my carry-on luggage for the flight home - there is no way I would put it in checked airline luggage!