Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I hope this thread helps to prepare young and old of the value of their quilting and sewing supplies. I recently completed what I call my annual "stash bash". I tallied the yardage that came to close to 7000 yards of fabric. This did not include pieces under a yard. The majority of my fabrics are quilt shop quality that were purchased originally at between $8-20 per yard. Many are vintage. The very thought of these ending in the trash somewhere or burned up is beyond my comprehension. From time to time I will sell some at a garage sale only because I am out of space and I realize that these pieces are no longer to my liking. Please plan ahead.
about burning things : Schools in smaller towns display a composite picture of each graduating class. Many years ago our school took theirs down while the hallways were being painted. This was the days of having a burn barrel by the alley and someone happened on a janitor burning the group pictures, frame and all. They got him stopped but about 10 years were lost. Some have been replaced, but not all.