Old 06-25-2019, 02:17 PM
peaceandjoy

Things that were once cherished and handed down through generations are no longer as desired. Antique furniture and china are other good examples of things that most of our children do not want. I completely understand and do not want my daughters to feel that they must keep something just because.

Having just celebrated my 59th birthday, I hope to have a lot more time to use my stash, which is not growing at the rate it was when I started; I've found that I prefer "scrappy" so rarely buy 2 yards at a time (which I often did when I started quilting), unless I can see it in a border. I'm quite happy to have 1/2 yard of fabrics I love. Still, that stash has definitely grown this year.

When I am no longer able to sew, whether due to being ill, losing ability or interest, or death, my fabric will have already given me great joy. It is the only thing I love to shop for; I also love to see my stash and all of the possibilities.

Whatever is left when I can no longer enjoy it is to be given to my guild and a charitable group I sew with. Yes, it was worth thousands when I purchased it though the years. But I am content with knowing that it will go to others who will enjoy using it, whether for themselves or for charity. Perhaps they will enjoy getting something pretty with no cost, perhaps they will enjoy using it to make a quilt to keep someone who has little a quilt, perhaps they will enjoy looking at it as part of their stash.