View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:52 PM
peaceandjoy

I fully admit that most of my quits are scrappy style, but not truly made from scraps of other projects. I love the look of quilts with several fabrics in a color look, so will use anywhere from 10 - 20 or more reds, for example. Were they actually pieces of red left over from other quilts? Probably not. Some would be strips or squares left, the rest would be cut from FQ's or half yards that I now buy (unless it's something I absolutely love - then I'll still buy a yard).

Here is "Talkin' Turkey", from Bonnie Hunter's book, "String Fling". It includes pieces left from other quilts, black vintage phones on red that I used to cover notebooks for senior center Christmas gifts, tomatoes that were originally purchased for cloth shopping bags, etc., as well as reds that I bought just because. Same is true for the neutrals; some were from swaps, some were scraps, some were cut from yardage. (Second picture was before binding, and is shown so you can see some of the individual fabrics better. Cooper, ever curious, stopped by.)
Attached Thumbnails talkin-turkey-2-.jpg   talkin-turkey-cooper.jpg  

Last edited by peaceandjoy; 06-25-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: rotate picture