View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 06:05 AM
Iceblossom

So here's the border on and binding made for the Wonky Bright project. That's my one "Caroline" square in the corner. Now wrapped up and waiting to be quilted...

I still haven't been willing to commit to a big project but I got out my Post Card blocks and laid them out. I always make extras in these collection quilts and I had almost enough and sizing worked out better to make a couple more blocks. I was proud of myself that I resisted buying some fabrics for this project after I declared it closed but now I wish maybe I had given in just a bit I was given a great piece at the Tuesday group and grabbed enough out of stash, just need to put the post card sized rectangles into their Attic Window set, and then sash the whole thing with black. And I have made progress now that I know how many blocks I will be using to cut the sashing.

So next up will be my first Simplish project. From back in my fabric swapping days around Y2K I had a bunch of jungle cats and other jungle prints and now it's time to use them. I'm putting it all together with leopard fabric and my name for it is "Here Kitty Kitty". I cut the rectangles and squares yesterday at Tuesday group. I was one fat quarter short of fabric and bought half a yard (couldn't find a good fq), but most comes out of long held stash.

After that I'm going to do a little preemie quilt from my Walmart finds. I bought some polka dots at $1 a yard and a couple of 2.5" strip precut packages that were also on close-out. Got the dimensions and extra instructions I need on the requirements and figured out what I'm doing. Not sure right now if it was from this thread or not, but it is just a jelly roll type of quilt but preemie sized.
Attached Thumbnails wonky-corner-1-.jpg