Thread: Bought a UFO
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:59 AM
juliasb

Default Bought a UFO

I was out garage saling this morning and came across a few quilting items. The one that interested me the most was a UFO in colors that I just love. Black & white, turquoise, purples and browns. The woman selling the UFO said she just hated the way it looked over all.
So I bought it home, laid it out on the floor and immediately understood what/why it did not set well to the eye. She has a number of 2 1/2" sashings in all the different fabric pieces to add some zing. they look nice. What she didn't do, as far as I can see is add any of the black & whites as blocks so it tends to look boring. What I am gonna do is take some of the strips apart and add in various blocks of the black & whites. There are several different prints so it should make it much more interesting. This is a quilt top that I don't feel any guilt reworking. The potential is there for a beautiful quilt top. I have a couple quilt tops that I have been ask to rework that I feel a lot of guilt it reworking. How do others handle reworking someone else's quilt. Be they damaged or incomplete. Also if you are asked to rework a quilt made by someone you know?