Old 06-28-2019, 06:59 PM
Rose_P

Default update and heads up on my litter experience

https://www.quiltingboard.com/person...-cat-litter-ss

Here's an update and heads up on my litter experience. The tutorial mentioned using crushed walnut shell cat litter, and I missed the fact that there are two kinds of walnut shell litter. The one I ordered without reading closely is in the form of pellets, which are not suitable for stuffing pincushions. I have cats, and my intention was to use the remainder of the big bag for its original purpose, but I can't even use the pellets for that because they won't mix evenly with the Fresh Step, and I'm afraid the cats would notice the change. Under no circumstance will I risk offending my cats in that area. I can't return it without paying shipping because it was my own stupid fault for not reading closely. So tomorrow, I'm donating it to the local shelter. This has turned into a costly project, for what it is. I found the right kind of crushed shells at a local pet store and it was much less than the bag of pellets. Wish I'd done that to start with.

Lindaschipper, you are right about it being available for a lizard substrate, but it's also sold as cat litter, possibly not as finely crushed. I don't understand why not use it in a pincushion. I'm not planning to use it after the cats use it , and they can't find their way into the pincushion.

I was surprised to find that it's also sold as a tumbling medium for polishing metal objects. So if anyone doesn't like the idea of using cat litter, that's another option (same stuff I think).

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-08-2019 at 02:06 AM. Reason: fix title