Thread: Fabricland
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 05:05 AM
Cattitude

Default Fabricland

As a teenager I worked for Fabricland (I think only in Canada for brick and mortar). It was my first job and so I have a soft spot for them. Having said that I purchase 0% of my quilting supplies there.

Their selection of quilt fabric is dismal. They stock very little in the way of newer fabric from the top quilt fabric mfgs. Their pricing policy is to jack up the regular prices sky high so they can have frequent 50% off sales. When I started quilting I purchased a small roll of Warm and Natural batting at 50% off. Imagine my annoyance when a week later I discovered the Sew Sisters site and their regular price was less than I paid. Recently when I was in the city I popped in for fabric for outdoor cushion covers and checked out the quilt cotton. Fabric that is $17m at my LQS is $24m at Fabricland. Solids? $19m compared to $9m for Northcott solids at a LQS nearby. A large national chain should not be pricier than a small independent quilt shop. Even with the loyalty card discount.....which you pay for......they do not compete.

Are all the stores the same? What is your experience with Fabricland?