Thread: Tin Lizzie
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Still Sew N

I've just got to jump in here. I have had my Janome Artistic which is the same as Tin Lizzie since 2014. I am an active free motion quilter and always have something that needs quilting. I've done numerous quilts from baby to king. In the beginning, I had some tension issues but was able to solve them by watching Jamie Wallen Tension on You Tube. The bobbin winder quit working and although I was able to repair it with a very inexpensive washer, I decided to purchase a stand alone bobbin winder. I literally sail along quilting on thick batting to thin batting. I use cotton thread, polyester thread and glide thread. I keep it clean and oil it frequently - including a spot on the right hand side near the top that I learned about my mistake.

I made the purchase because of the cost as I purchased it for $4,000. I have no complaints and am planning on many more years of service from this machine. I will add that the machine does not have a stitch regulator and I'm really OK with that. Also, a ruler foot does not come with this machine and from talking to different Janome dealers, it doesn't appear a ruler foot is available for this machine either. Again, I'm OK with that too.

I'd have to give this machine a stand up 10 out of 10 because it works, and I have used the heck out of it.