View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 07:07 AM
juliasb

I have done a number of larger quilts that are all HST's. I have got into the habit of storing them squared up and pressed in baggies according to size. They have usually ended up as extras because they were not squaring up to start with so I thought to myself why not do them as I intended and put them aside. They are always ready for use this way. When I am ready to make a scrappy quilt like the depression block quilt, all I have to do is pull them out and put them together. Of course I find many uses along the way for some of the left over HST's I have put away. Always ready to go, bagged so there is little to no fraying. It may take me a couple years to collect the number of HST's need for such a quilt. I also have this other little quirk. When I feel like I want to be quilty and not in the mood to make a full top I just make HST's out of different pieces and put them away for another time. One never knows when a HST will be needed. This Depression Block quilt is all left over HST's. Nice queen size quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 16563_1274286983271_1412831226_30804163_8359813_n.jpg