View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 10:12 AM
Iceblossom

Here's the other thing I was working on this past week, Preemie quilt from my Walmart buys. The purple pin dot was $1.00/yard, the precut package was $1.00 but I was just set on having the border all the large print so it required two packages -- and this one was already designated for my crumb quilter! I set forth visiting Walmarts to no joy and then I saw a posting on this board that Tuesday Morning had precuts and I knew where two of those were. On my first one (after two Walmarts) I found another package of the exact strips I wanted. I paid $3.50 for the pleasure but that's still half off MSRP.

I'm going to make another one, this one vertical stripes instead of horizontal. I will use a great fabric I have from that wonky bright quilt for the borders of that one, all others will be from the rest of the first package of strips, including the leftovers from the border fabric. Had I known in advance I'd make a second quilt, I'd have fabrics from both in both... but this will be close enough. Gives some separate identity to twins, often one of whom comes home before the other, while keeping a consistent look.

Edit: The strip set has a bright white on white that will be used for binding on one of the tops. I have a similar piece still left in my white-on-white box that I can use for the other one. If not, I have other white on whites that will work! The flannel will be used for the back of both quilts -- lucky me I went over on the yardage of that one from what I thought I needed so just enough for two!
Attached Thumbnails wal-preemie-1-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 07-03-2019 at 10:18 AM.