View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 06:26 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
OKsewglad turned me on to the Simplish Quilt concept earlier in this thread, with help from others like AUQuilter in a link and such. It instantly appealed to me as "simple but effective", and a great way of using various collections of fabric that may have a theme but not necessarily go so well together.

This was one of the first ideas I had using the concept. I am using 4" (finished) squares, 4x8" rectangles and 2" sashing. I learned a lot, wrote down some notes, sizing, and concepts and will be making more! This one I'm calling "Here Kitty, Kitty" and most of the interest fabrics came from my circa Y2K fabric swapping, all of the large jungle leaf fabrics were another swap. There is always one piece of fabric you get multiple times and the black background with tigers I had 5 squares and while I've used many others from that swap I had some tougher ones to use. I did have to buy the jungle print with the pandas in it... but I have already confessed to that and am sending the remainder to the crumb quilter. I didn't have quite enough of the cheetah/leopard print and part of me would have been happier to just have the little rectangles between the squares and large rectangles be print and all the sashing black, but then I'd still have some of that print left -- and now I don't!

Edit: Eeep! Wrong picture, that one was in progress.
Love it when we can take one idea and move into another direction with it! Thanks for sharing!