View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:50 AM
Macybaby

I love the recent upgrade to the Pro Stitcher (April, though there may be another one). This is by far the best since it was released. They fixed the "acceleration" program and now the machine slows down correctly for corners and curves, so you can run a design at 100% stitch speed and not worry about it. It has an easy way to slow it down if you need to at the ends. Read or watch the video on the upgrade, the stitch "speed" is now called Opti-Stitch and located in a different area. Don't do like me, I installed it and started stitching and my machine took off at 100% speed and I didn't know where to go to slow it down. Had to hit the pause button and get back on the computer to look it up

With computer design/stitching, you still have to do all the layout of the design and make sure it's going to fit your quilt, all it does is move the machine while stitching so you don't have to.

I do a combination, sometimes I FMQ, sometimes I do a Pro Stitcher all over pattern (edge to edge), sometimes I do motifs in areas and other designs around them, and sometimes I do motifs and FMQ around them. I love having the option of doing all of the above. I went a year without the computerized part.

I just did a medalion quilt, and did all of the above on it. The Pro Stitcher comes with a good selection of designs and you can buy more (or create your own, if it still comes with Art and Stitch).

If anyone reading this has Pro Stitcher and has not upgraded since April - do so
, you are going to be very pleased with this upgrade. I'm one of those that does not think about upgrades until I read something or have problems and figure upgrading (reloading software) will fix the problem. Upgrades are free from HQ - and they release them quite often.

Last edited by Macybaby; 07-05-2019 at 03:53 AM.