View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 11:24 AM
tuckyquilter

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I found another treasure at a garage sale the bag was dated June 1942. It was in an old trunk of things. Marked $1. To my surprise there were 45 hand pieced quilt blocks. Of course I grabbed them up. The block is one that I am unfamiliar with. It is very nicely pieced. The background is unbleached muslin. They look like they have been untouched since they were stored away and are in good shape.
My plan is to make the intended quilt out of the blocks. I am thinking of putting a 1 1/2" shashing between the blocks. Each block is 8 1/2" unfinished. Or maybe group them together side by side then add a couple boarders to the outer sides of the quilt. On the slim possibility that I need to make a few more blocks to get the size quilt I want it would be nice to know what the block is called and obtain a copy of the pattern. One of my weak points it re-creating a pattern. I do appreciate you help. Here is a pic of one of the blocks.
Looks like the Kansas City Star block called Daisy Pinwheel. It sure is fun to find such treasures and see what the fabric was like "back in the day".