Old 07-06-2019, 04:40 AM
pinkflowers

I'm cleaning up my QB threads this morning. I'd like to post a some follow-up info here. I received some very helpful responses when asking about a solid fabric that would work for my project. I wanted a thin cotton fabric that was not cheap thin, if you know what I mean. I went with Michael Miller Cotton Couture, and it is such as dream to work with! There is minimal fraying and such clean, crisp seams.

I am working with 1.25" squares (.75" finished). I reduced the size originally planned because my son wanted more images on the quilt.

This fabric would work beautifully for patterns like Mariner's Compass or NY Beauty, to create really pointy points!

I could not find the fabric line to purchase locally. I bought online from Hancock's of Paducah and Hawthorne's. I am very pleased with Hawthorne. The price per yard is a bit more, but they do not charge any shipping. And they seem to have more variety and yardage in stock. I am still waiting for two back ordered fabrics from Hancock's that I ordered in May. Hawthorne had them, so I ordered through them.

If interested: https://www.hawthornesupplyco.com/co.../EDEDB90D5096/

Thanks so much for your help. The QB is a great resource of information!