View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 06:19 AM
Iceblossom

I have vision issues and have a lot of problems reading the rulers. It can help to slip a piece of paper (I like envelopes for the extra crispness and I usually have them easily available) under the cut side that contrasts with the fabric, so if it is dark use a regular white envelope, if it is light find a colored one. I figured out that hack years ago when I was using a piece of fabric that was exactly Olfa green and using that brand of ruler!

Years ago when I tried various grippers/rulers with grippers I didn't like them much. I preferred having the slide factor for a number of reasons, as well as being able to use either side of the ruler. I do on occasion use the removable sandpaper dots to hold small rulers/templates well.

About a year ago after a similar thread here I found an old Quilter's Rule at the Goodwill. It has become my go-to 6.5" long ruler. Love the grip on it. There is another lady in my group who is a fan of gripping rulers, she brought some clear tape stuff she has to put on regular rulers.