Old 07-07-2019, 08:24 AM
grammyjo

A friend kept mentioning Marie Kondo and her "tidying up" system. I finally searched the library and got out her book. After reading it, I have decided to do the sorting and folding her way. Some of what she does is too extreme for me, but her basic philosophy is to keep only those things that bring you joy. She wants you to start with clothes, but my clothes are not my major issue -- it is my quilting fabric. I have a small walk-in closet with shelves on 2 walls that holds my fabric, stacked by color..sort of. I found that I would walk in that closet, touch a few fabrics, pull some out, put them back and never get anything accomplished. It was an absolute zoo in there. I watched a YouTube video by SewVeryEasy on how she folds her fabric over a 6" ruler. I have spent the better part of this July 4th weekend refolding all my fabric. I was amazed at some beautiful fabrics that were buried within the stacks. I also found some that will hit the free table at the next group mtg. But Marie Kondo changed my mindset of keeping "stuff". Good luck.