Old 07-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Rose_P

Looks like they've moved us to personal diaries, which seems to ignore the fact that I was using litter to stuff pincushions and got the wrong kind and I was trying to let people know there are two kinds and not to make the same mistake I made.

But since we're here, Susie, I have to share what works really well for our cats: I saw an enclosed litter pan with the opening on the top in a video with a bunch of cats doing tricks. Obviously these people are dealing with several cats and even going on the road with them, so they know what's what in litter pans. However, I found the commercially available pans like that to be quite costly and rather small, and one of my cats is big. So I went out and got a Sterilite bin that was big enough and cut a hole in the top about the same size as the hole in the front of the old litter pan, 8". This has been great for keeping everything off the floor. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a big change for an older cat, but it's been a big improvement over all earlier litter pans.
Attached Thumbnails 20181124_litterpan.jpg