View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
heather_campbell

Hi quilters,
I just found this board a couple of days ago. I am a long time sewer, but a relatively new quilter. I'm on another board for sewing but there aren't many quilters there so I thought I would join up and learn from your knowledge. My mom started quilting about 3 or 4 years ago, I guess I sort-of got bitten by the bug! I still mostly sew clothes for myself and my 4 year old, but I do find some time for quilting.

I just finished the top of my 3rd quilt - it is a zipper quilt from the Modern Quilt Workshop book. I swear there were well over 2000 pieces for this - the most work was in the cutting of the 1" x 2" zipper "teeth".

I also did a quilt for my 3 year old nephew about a year ago - great beginner pattern called Fatty Fatty 2x4 - which I did up for him in a kid-friendly nautical pattern because they are a sailing family.

I've attached photos of both. I quilted the blue one in straight lines on my Pfaff but with the zipper quilt, I think I will take it to my mom's house as she has a rack that I can load it onto and a long-arm quilting machine. I am hoping to meander the top of it.

thoughts?

This is the Zipper quilt top - not finished yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19579[/ATTACH]

The finished Fatty Fatty 2x4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19616[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19579.jpe   attachment-19616.jpe