View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Iceblossom

I put painters tape on my blades. People look at me strangely sometimes on why I have a roll of it in my sewing kit but I use it a lot in a lot of different ways. Painters tape and parchment paper -- can't hardly quilt without them!

I also have a sharps container for my testing supplies. In my area I am to fill a pop or similar bottle and then tape the cap on and put in my trash. In other nearby communities they don't allow that and want them to go to sharps disposals, which are often at pharmacies. (We also are supposed to take our new-fangled used lightbulbs to most home improvement stores, and Goodwill has a contract to accept dead appliances). If they are going to require us to properly dispose of stuff it works a lot easier if they make it easy like the stores accepting items.

And like SueZQ says, my doctor never minds if I have a couple extras sharps to dispose of at our meetings (it's usually where I clean out my traveling kit). I don't think most offices would flinch at a pill bottle full of whatever.