View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

When Hancock Fabric's store went out of business in my town, there were lot of fabric on the bolts left on the last day of being open. I asked the manger what would happen to the fabric. She said it was taken to the dump. ! I said why not donate it? She said she wasn't allowed. I said what dump will it be taken to? She said don't think you can go get it, dirty oil will be poured on it so it can't be used. I couldn't believe it. She said it was corporate policy that all the leftover item in the store had to be destroyed. Target has the same policy. I found that out when I was at the landfill with DH taking a load to get rid of. A big dump truck pulled up loaded with merchandise that looked brand new. He said it was from the Target store. Said it was a shame but he could not give it away, had to be dumped or he would lose his job. He did reach into the pouring pile and grabbed a brand new child's bean bag chair that was on the side and gave it to my grandson who was with us. I watched as all that good stuff went onto the conveyor to the bulldozers.