Old 07-10-2019, 06:49 AM
zozee

Location and space make a big difference with the thrifts I use here. My first choice is Savers because they stream everything — they keep the best condition things to sell to locals, they send second rate stuff overseas, they give broken appliances to trade schools for repair projects, and so on. Very green charity. They also do FunDrives for nonprofits—our private school collects goods and Savers pays us by the pound .

The closest Goodwill turned down a cabinet I took yesterday. The guy said because of the wear and tear and because they get so much furniture, they couldn’t take it but try the thrift in the next town over that is bigger and takes in more furniture. They also only want certain genres of books —novels and children’s.

My go-to store is much closer than Savers. It’s run by a big church and has many volunteers. They give clothes to people who can’t afford it. A few friends of mine have volunteered there. The space is too small for furniture so they can’t accept it. In- season Clothing, shoes, better purses, toys, books, housewares, gift wrap and bags, art, crafts, fabric. They pack a lot into the space.