Thread: Hi, from Ohio!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 AM
miniquilts

Default Hi, from Ohio!

Hi all! As the screen name suggests I have recently become... addicted seems the best phrasing for it to making miniature quilts! I suppose this may be a bit different than the "norm" -- but that's the fun part, what is normal?!? lol All in all I have worked in the 1:12 scale of dollhouses and miniatures for a good while, and have enjoyed needle arts since I was a child. Over the holiday weekend I was able to enjoy "quilting" a cheater quilt fabric that worked in this scale. Since that weekend, I decided I wanted to try another quilt BUT not a "cheater" fabric! So as I've been browsing here I'm looking at finishing up my next quilt which I basically threw out all the typical rules I've been seeing of "use muted tones for miniatures"... it looks somewhat like a crazy quilt b/c of the bright colors -- but it's a simple enough yo-yo quilt that I've really been enjoying the process of making!

I would like to ask if anyone has any suggestions for sewing machines that are good for use with thinner fabrics in regards to quilting, and won't eat them? I've currently been using a machine by White that I think is somewhat possessed or just hates my fabric choices, looking at a few options on the second-hand market like a vintage Janome 108 or Brother VX 560...