Old 07-10-2019, 12:34 PM
tallchick

I have purchased many fabrics from Joann’s and have had no issues with them, they serve a purpose for me and I have no qualms shopping there. I also have no issues supporting my local Quilt Shop or online favorite virtual store, my credit card statements are proof of that! I’m not a snob, and go by hand rather than price and sometimes one place will have what another doesn’t, so at the end of the day, he who has what I need/want will earn my business. I always try to buy the very best I can afford be it quilting, clothes, furniture etc. .

If I gave someone a quilt and they said “ oh, I saw that fabric in Joann’s, I don’t want a quilt made from fabrics from there.” They would immediately be deemed unworthy of said quilt, and probably my friendship. When I give a quilt, I have already deemed them “quilt worthy” as quilting is a labor of love for me. I hope that as quilters, we are all able to enjoy one another’s talents without worrying about where the fabrics came from. I for one loveeeeee seeing what everyone makes, they are all beautiful, where they purchased the fabric from has never crossed my mind, and has zero impact on my life. I just want to see what everyone is making! We have amazingly talented members!