View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:55 PM
tallchick

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and finally got inspired (thank you everyone for posting) to make my room actually work better for me.

1: I ordered 2 new bookcases so I have room for my books, etc., sadly I have to wait 6-8 weeks before I can pick them up.

2: Decided to sell my Janome 6500, my small Brother, and my Brother Embroidery machine. I sold the Janome, yay and hopefully the others will sell soon. The gal who bought my Janome also purchased all my longarm paper pantographs too, so that really cleared out some space and one less thing to advertise.

3: I converted my Koala Cabinet to a full time cutting station, purchased enough cutting mats to cover just about every inch of the top. Moved my sewing machine to a older sewing cabinet (barely fits but it’s working fine) and use that for piecing blocks. But it is flush against a wall so doesn’t work well when the time comes to join all the rows, borders etc...

4: Ordered another table for my other machine so I can set up and use that station for piecing the tops together. I can put a table behind it to deal with all the fabric when joining rows and borders etc... .

5: My next goal is to go through all 3 cupboards and massive dresser and begin to pull stuff I know I will never use and list them on Etsy. I have far too many charm packs, jelly rolls, fat quarter bundles etc.. . My tastes have changed a lot since I started quilting and I’m more of a modern quilter. I suffer from analysis paralysis, and I’m overwhelmed by too many fabrics, too many patterns and it makes me spend too much time trying to figure out what I want work on next. I would rather be quilting!