Old 07-11-2019, 04:31 AM
juliasb

Default Demonstration of making star trivet for guild

I am working out a project that I have been asked to demonstrate how to make at an upcoming quilt guild meeting. I will only be demo-ing how to put on the bindings. Right now I have to make several trivets so I can show step-by-step what has to be done. Now I am trying to figure out how many trivets I should make as WIPS to show the process. I have one with the binding on, ready ready to be turned and hand stitched over the top. I also have one that is ready for the binding ready to be laid on and stitched in place. Should I make another or would these two be enough. I am not sure if I should show how to make them circular and put the bottom on and secure by stitching all the way around before putting on the binding. If any of you have demoed things like this in the past do you make a number for others to try their hand or just do it somewhat like you would see in a video? Other than teaching individuals some basic quilting lessons I have not done anything like this before. Here are 2 different size trivets one with the binding unturned and ready to secure and another one ready to have the binding sewn on.
Attached Thumbnails trivets.jpg