Old 07-11-2019, 05:55 AM
Beginner10

Thank-you to everyone who has responded. I see there are others that have sentimental attachment to things like I do. I have a friend that can get rid of things because there is no sentimental attachment (wish I was like that).
I guess I will start small because if I think of it too much, it overwhelms me.
What I have been doing is every holiday season, we go thru things and get rid of items my son doesn't want.
During the year if I buy something, something else has to go (except fabric-lol). That has saved me peace of mind and money because what I have, I like and don't want to get rid of.
I was going to have a garage sale with my friend and neighbor. However, my friend passed away about a month ago and don't know if my neighbor and I will have enough for a sale.
Will be donating, taking a few items to resale shop and passing along to nieces (and nephews) the items that are worth anything. Course, one person's trash is another person's treasure. So will only trash damaged items.
I will be checking back on this thread to keep me motivated on everyone's methods to lessen my load.

Again, Thank-you everyone. Vi