View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Default something I quilted for a friend

My friend decided to use her Halloween stash for the Pat Sloan Solstice quilt along and asked me to quilt it "anyway I wanted". She's so fun to quilt for as she's willing to adventure some with me. On this one we agreed that having a glow in the dark thread would be great. Well, I priced true glow in the dark thread and we decided we couldn't afford it, so instead I got neon green Magnifico (Superior) and used it. At a machine quilters guild program once, Dusty Farrell had told us that the neon poly threads will glow when lite by a black light. And it does! Now we're trying to figure out how to get our quilt hanging chair for our annual show in Sept. to hang it in a dark corner so we can add a black light. The quilt was very large, so I just have pictures of blocks. She was on-board with me doing motifs like pumpkins, spider webs, skeletons, skulls, bats, witches, smiling moons, etc.[ATTACH=CONFIG]614750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]614751[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]614752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]614753[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]614754[/ATTACH]this last one is with the black light on my long arm trying to show the neon glow thread, unfortunately it was daytime and I couldn't get the room dark enough
Attached Thumbnails resied-lana-halloween.jpg   resized-lana-halloween.jpg   p1060588.jpg   p1060586.jpg   p1060596.jpg