View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 08:22 AM
Iceblossom

Parchment paper from the Dollar Store is what I use! Rolls are 1x25 feet. Easy to see through to trace, good size, can go as long as you need for a border. The paper tears away easily but is tougher than tissue paper so holds up during the process.

I use smallest possible safety pins out of the way of the quilting to hold the paper on.

Yes, you have to tear out the paper afterwards. Depending on the design what you can do is make one copy on paper and then make a stack of the parchment paper. Take a used needle and no thread and follow the copied design, you will be able to see/follow the punched holes for the others and it makes it easier to tear out. Here's some pictures I took for a friend during a recent project.

Edit: One of the nicest things about doing it this way is no one can tell if you followed the lines or not because none are left on the top! You can see I wasn't too careful zipping the daisies around the sewing machine, I just needed the basic shape.

Looks like I transfered to newsprint for the daisies instead of the parchment paper, but that I copied it on the parchment. Trying to use up old stock of stuff in the sewing room!

Edit 2/PS: This was done on a Bernina 820 that was given to me and that I've been learning how to use. This was the built-in walking foot type feature, not the BSR.
Attached Thumbnails punch-templates.jpg   paper-quilting.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 07-12-2019 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added Picture 2