Old 07-12-2019, 07:57 PM
dublb

Today was a real busy one. I had promised to take DGD to Fredricksburg for Theater camp. I got ready to leave by 10:30 & then made me a Smoothie. I made it w/extra ice & put it in a double walled plastic tumbler. We left town at 10:45. I did stop at Chicken Express on the way outta town & picked up some food for DGD's lunch. She ate it on the way there. In Fredricksburg I got gas at HEB before I dropped her off at Theater. Once she was signed in I sat in the parking lot & ate my smoothie. It had only melted a tiny bit & was perfect!
I then headed to Kerville. I missed an important turn so took the long way to get there. (OK it was only about 10 minutes longer.) Anyway when I got to Discount Tire it was discovered that one of the tires was separating. So we bought another set of tires. I had bought the certificates last time so the tire, that was separating, was free & I got a discount on the other 3 tires. (Oh & we bought the certificates again.) The reason we bought a whole set is they don't make the ones I had anymore. They had troubles w/'em separating. DH didn't want me to have tires w/different treads & I didn't trust the old ones.
So I take off, back to Fredricksburg, at about 3:45 w/the new tires. It's a 30 minute drive. I have plenty of time to pick DGD up at 5:00....I thought. Well I got back on the HWY & I had a different shake from when the tire were separating. SIGH. I stopped & got an unsweet tea & turned around. By this time I am worried about getting back in time to pick DGD up. I was real stressed. Well they got me right in, re-balanced the tires & I was back on the road at 4:29. I was right on time picking DGD up. I then just headed back home & forgot all about stopping at the health food store to check out artificial cheeses & salad dressings. That'll have to wait till next trip.
Once I dropped DGD off & came home, DH & I watched a SiFi movie. You'd think I would have relaxed by now but I'm still wired. I hope to get sleepy soon. DH has already gone to bed.