View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
sewnsewer2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gjp424
Sewnsewr2, Is the Bernina 640 just an embroidery only machine? My wonderful husband is buying me a new Bernina 440QE but I don't want the embroidery option. I have never embrodered but think I would love it but I am leaning toward a machine that only emroiders. I am a true bernian girl but the dealer that I bougt my first bernina from no longer sells them. He has suggested the Janome 350E ($999). He said that Janome is now making the embroidery machines for bernina. I hadn't heard that before so I don't know how true it is. If the 640 is an embroidery only machine could you please tell me how long ago you bought your machine and about how much you paid for it. My local Bernina dealer does not sell the embroidery only machines. They said they can get me one but I really don't want to buy without trying it.
Thanks-GJP424
My 640 is a combo sewing/emb machine. Bernina has a Bernette 340 that is emb only and it sells for about $1,100.

I traded my 340 in for the 640 and got a great deal for my trade in and bernina was having a sale and so was the shop at the time, so I only paid about $3,000 for my 640.