View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 06:40 AM
juliea9967

I now do all of my quilts, all the time, with this flange binding. It is sew easy to do, and it looks great. I will never hand sew a binding on another quilt. I love the flange binding.

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Depends on the quilt. If I need to finish in a hurry I bind with the "faux flange" method. I machine sew it to the back then flip it to the front, glue in place with elmers washable school glue then SITD along the faux flange. But if I am not in a hurry I machine stitch to the front flip the binding to the back and hand sew it. I like both methods and I don't mind the hand sewing at all.

Here is a tute to the faux flange method.Quick Machine Binding with Flange The only thing I do different is cut my strips at 1.25 and 1.5 to end up with 2.25 wide binding strip. I also press it to the "flange" fabric to fill it up so it give the appearance of piping rather than a flange. I also use monofilament thread when doing the top stitch so it doesn't show at all. Here is a close up pic on this thread: Scrappy log cabin clam shell setting