View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 07:58 AM
sewnclog

I just recently finished a quilt I'd started some 30 years ago; life got in the way and I decided it needed to be finished; it was hand quilted and my grandmother had also worked on it. It had a Lot of yellowing and some stains on it too. So after I was all done, I put it in the tub with some retro clean and let it set for several hours; occasionally swished it around. I was able to fit in in my washer and spun and rinsed it. Came out glistening white; No stains whatsoever. I put it on my clothesline (yes I still have one) with the top down away from the sun to dry. Came out great.
Now - my neighbor had 2 really old quilts her grandmother had made; they had a lot of brown stains on them too. I gave her a package of the retro clean and the reds bled like crazy and this quilt was made of all many and types of clothing from way back when; you'd have thought that fabric would have been done fading, so just be careful. Maybe put some color catchers in with it if you had some colors that could run/bleed.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-14-2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps