View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thanks Gail,
(LOL)
You crack me up!! What is really sad is when you come in my apartment one of the first things you see is my sewing area. So sad. It seems like everybody just throws their stuff in there when they get home. Well I am done with that.
I actually have some fabrics that I am thinking about getting rid of cause I don't like to work with it. Some polyester, silky stuff and there is more. I don't know where it came from, I didn't buy it. This cleaning and organizing has given me a chance to see what all I have and don't want.
carrie
You don't know where that fabric came from?? I'll tell you where it probably came from-- someone was getting rid of it and gave it to you. Happens here all the time. A couple of years ago I brought all that "garment-type fabric" to a charity sale. I should have brought more -- namely the box of someone else's scraps.

Well, my sewing room is in the back of the house, but when I want to clear out an area in the "living part" of the house, I bring it to the back. Did that today. Had someone coming to order a wedding cake and I had boxes full of things from the cabinets .....oh, that's a very long story. Let's just say I dragged those boxes into the sewing room. When I stop and think about it, I'm really a housekeeping slob. Life is too short to worry about some of those things.