Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 08:37 AM
ItsMeRainey

Default New Here

Hello Everyone-

I just signed up and I wanted to say HI. I'm afraid I don't find the navigation very intuitive. Is there a best place to get started? And how do you access it? I'm not even sure how I got this far but it was about a dozen random clicks... Any advice on how to post picture?

I'm 72. I live in Los Angeles. I've been quilting for a long time. I guess I made my first one in my 20s. But I don't really do it often. I just completed a top I probably started 6 years ago.

I can't machine quilt. Taken sooooo many classes but I'm just helpless at managing the stitches and also knowing which direction to take them in.

I like traditional and kaliedoscopic quilts. I'm especially fond of batiks and woven-in plaids.

I used to have a good file of blogs, tutorials and inspiration sites on my computer but I recently had probs and lost everything. Now I've got to rebuild those resources.

In case this works, here is the top I just finished. The pattern is called Shakespeare in the Park. Lots of movement and I rather like the slow reveal of the motifs.

Nope! Can't figure the pix thing out...

Last edited by ItsMeRainey; 07-18-2019 at 08:45 AM.