Old 07-18-2019, 08:40 AM
nanna-up-north

I didn't know there was an applique club here. I'd like to join in if you are still accepting those of us that love to applique.

I've done lots of different kinds of applique but the one I love the most is the needle turn type. It's actually wooden toothpick turn that I do but I like it because I can get the most perfect edges and make pictures with fabric that can be washed and used as you want to use a quilt.

But, I've been working on the Little Brown Bird quilt by Margaret Docherty that is like applique on steroids. I even have a lot of my blocks on an album I've put together. But like so many quilts, I got tired of working on it a couple of years ago and just didn't do much to get it finished. I'm working on it again. I'm a little over half done with it. Now, keep in mind that these 8" blocks might have 80 little pieces in each one and there's a lot of embellishment as well, embroidery, fabric paint, inktense pencils and pigma pens.

This block is #21 in the quilt. There are 40 total blocks plus appliqued corners and borders. I have all the corners done and about half done on the borders.

This is the before and after embellishing pictures. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-1.jpg   lbb-2.jpg