View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 AM
sarge1

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
Beautiful... a couple of questions...are you going to use this quilt or display it only? if you're using it, did you pre-wash your flannel to take care of the shrinkage? If not, will the quilt be ruined when washed because of the the flannel and wool combo shrinking?
I really love these quilts but am not interested in losing all that stitching if it is going to be ruined....and I love quilts that I can use. Thanks in advance. I've been wondering about these things and haven't found all the answers yet in a single place.
I will use it for display only. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it is only 37" x 45", and is not really even throw size. I had never worked with wool or flannel before, and I did not pre-wash anything. Having said that, in the future I will pre-wash both the wool and flannel, because I have come to understand that flannel shrinks terribly. This particular pattern by Lori Smith gave instructions for pre-washing the wool. I will not chance washing this one at this point-live and learn!